Photographs in designated gallery(ies) by Douglas Stringer are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at www.dougstringerphotography.com/licensing.
Creative Commons License
From time to time I will have available images that I post on this website in designated gallery(ies) that are available to download with or without a passcode for free under a Creative Commons License. (passcodes are made available to individuals/groups where I've pre arranged a shoot eg. for a charity or school event/publication, but not designated for the general public)
Where a passcode is not required, then the general public will have access to download works made available also through a Creative Commons License
With Creative Commons you are free:
To Share: Copy, Distribute, and Transmit the image Under these conditions:
- Attribution: Attribution to ©Doug Stringer or Doug Stringer Photography must be made along with the image.
- Non-Commercial: The image must not be used for commercial purposes under any circumstances. For clarity on what defines commercial use, please see the Sample Accepted Uses below.
Sample Accepted Use of the Creative Commons License:
- Blog Post describing a trip to, or a photographic subject/topic
- Online article discussing the growing popularity of photography
- A website for a school project about the use of light in art photography, etc.
- An individual using an image as a desktop background for the computer monitor
License to Copyright
‘Commercial Use’ regarding the use of images online or offline is defined very broadly. The determination of commercial or non-commercial use is based on the contextual use of the image.
The determination is NOT based on the tax-filing status of the entity using the image nor on whether or not a financial transaction takes place.
Commercial use of my images is allowed only if expressly granted by Doug Stringer Photography .
All commercial uses will incur a licensing fee. My fees are based on the following criteria:
- Media – print, web, television, etc.
- Distribution Size – number of copies printed, viewing audience size, exposure (regional, national, international)
- Length of Use – 1 year, 2 years, etc.
- Prominence of Display – 1/4 page, 1/2 page, full page, spread, front cover, back cover, home page (online), interior page (online), etc.
All licensing inquiries should be sent to me through: firstname.lastname@example.org or the Contact page of this website.
Sample Use Requiring a License to Copyright:
- A marketing campaign for a commercial entity
- A fund-raising campaign for a not-for profit entity
- A background image for a website about furniture, camping equipment, etc.
- License to create an individual print for use in a private home, office etc.
Additional Terms and Conditions for Contracts and Commercial Use/Licensing can be found on this page : Contracts_Terms and Conditions
*Above content and format attributed to : http://www.stuckincustoms.com/licensing/